Sunday, June 8, 2008

2 Thumbs Up!

It's nice to see good people like full time filipino missionaries whom I know. I visted them yesterday and we had a small chat: God is faithful, His ways are not our ways. Actually, I just delivered some small token and cd of "Maging Sino Ka Man--Bea & John Lloyd B1-B2. I will bring more cds next time: tagalog movies and telenovelas (Caregiver & Bahay Kubo were their special requests).

During the weekend, I watched 2 good movies: The Notebook (Saturday) and Double Jeopardy (Sunday). So much tears I spent in watching 'The Notebook', it's all about Love...an everlasting love. How I wish I could find a man like that...Here's the synopsis: The Notebook is an epic love story centered around an older man who reads aloud to an older, invalid woman whom he regularly visits. From a faded notebook, the old man's words bring to life the story about a couple who is separated by World War II, and is then passionately reunited, seven years later, after they have taken different paths. Though her memory has faded, his words give her the chance to relive her turbulent youth and the unforgettable love they shared.

On the other hand, there's a short background why I was able to watch "Double Jeopardy." After church & malling, I was supposed to iron my clothes, but coz of migraine, I watched tv instead, while having my foot massage then plan to sleep afterwards. My attention was stucked with HBO movie--'Double Jeopardy' (it's not my hobby to watch suspense movies, but there's no TFC and tagalog movies in Thailand, so I have no choice... to be happy with what's available...). Here's the synopsis: An innocent woman is falsely charged and convicted for murdering her husband who plotted his own 'death' to escape his debt. When she gets out of jail after six years and gets paroled into a halfway house, she begins to plot her revenge, taking advantage of a legal rule of double jeopardy, which states that a person cannot be convicted for the same crime twice.

Two thumbs up for these movies!!!

No comments: